Author Topic: The Art of War: Home of the Capellan Confederation!  (Read 149517 times)

Gorgon

• Lieutenant
  • The little duchy that could
Re: The Art of War: Home of the Capellan Confederation!
« Reply #390 on: 18 January 2021, 04:57:25 »
Thanks for all the ideas! I think I'll have to test a few schemes and see what I like. First up will be the St Ives Lancers or House Ma-Tsu Kai (because I like the combination green and ivory), with the Red Lancers second.
Jude Melancon lives!

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #391 on: 22 January 2021, 23:35:32 »
All this talk of paint schemes just reminded me that I never did paint up that company of House Daidachi.

Now I just have to remember where I put the minis for it.  :D
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

PurplEagle

• Recruit
« Reply #392 on: 19 March 2021, 22:16:21 »
Just gonna leave this awesome rendition of the Capellan National Anthem by his Celestial Wisdom courtesy of r/battletech.  ;D

https://www.reddit.com/r/battletech/comments/m7uaji/daoshen_liao_when_asked_why_he_was_invading_the/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #393 on: 19 March 2021, 22:49:37 »
Well, Daoshen Liao does have a twisted sister!

Niopsian

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno.
« Reply #394 on: 20 March 2021, 09:46:12 »
"We're Not Gonna Take It" is perhaps not the song you want to be singing when you are in fact trying to take something. Seems a little self-defeating.  ;D

...cut a manager in to come up with a plan and the next thing you know you're big in Japan

PurplEagle

• Recruit
« Reply #395 on: 20 March 2021, 14:06:05 »
Kinda depends on whether you think it was yours in the first place doesn't it? :D :D

Ran Felsner

• Corporal
« Reply #396 on: 25 March 2021, 16:27:09 »
I am guessing this is the best place to check.... 
I was looking at Capellan BattleArmor and came across the Trinity suits.  Does anyone know if there is a stand alone drawing of the Ying Long ?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #397 on: 25 March 2021, 20:02:12 »
I got a IWM color pic of their Ying Long.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #398 on: 25 March 2021, 22:11:23 »
I really did alway prefer the look/vibe of the Taurian and Canopian versions of the suit.
They just looked cooler

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #399 on: 05 April 2021, 15:08:05 »
Maybe I missed it when the book came out, but I was looking at the CCAF deployment tables in FM:3145 today and noticed most of the Capellan military academies now have a cadre unit and not just the St Ives and Sarna Acadamies, when did this happen?

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #400 on: 10 April 2021, 13:33:11 »
Maybe I missed it when the book came out, but I was looking at the CCAF deployment tables in FM:3145 today and noticed most of the Capellan military academies now have a cadre unit and not just the St Ives and Sarna Acadamies, when did this happen?

it's just the Sian Center for Martial Disciplines and the Liao Conservatory. It's described in the Training Academy section of the same sourcebook - the need to drastically expand the CCAF with Hidden Lion regiments required far more practical training & field experience.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #401 on: 27 April 2021, 04:38:15 »
Browsing Sarna to ‘help’ fall asleep and I ended up on Sun-Tzu’s page. He’s still alive in cryo-stasis.

I wonder if when Daoshen dies (will probably be sometime soonish, he’s 80 in 3151 now) the fact that Danai is illegitimate will come out, and it will cause a power struggle that results in Sun Tzu being revived, suffering from Stone Stupidity, and losing every gain they have made.

Anyone else?
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Hotham

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #402 on: 27 April 2021, 08:37:54 »
Why would Danai be considered illegitimate?
"My mother told me to never throw stones at Davions. But my father told me, aim for their heads." - Daoshen Liao

"Call me, when you need me." - Danai Centrella-Liao

"Bath him, then bring him to my chambers." - Romano Liao

The Warrior Houses are the closest thing BattleTech has to the Jedi Order. Change my mind.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #403 on: 27 April 2021, 08:47:04 »
Why would Danai be considered illegitimate?

She is the product of incest.  We have no reason to believe that taboo is any different in 3151 than it is now.

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #404 on: 27 April 2021, 09:30:02 »
Well the Clans exist with their own incesteous Sibkos. Alaric is a thing, his main controversy is that he's really just a vatted Freeborn with just enough Ward to count.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #405 on: 27 April 2021, 10:24:47 »
She is the product of incest.  We have no reason to believe that taboo is any different in 3151 than it is now.

Shhhh! Don't tell the Hapsburgs!

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #406 on: 27 April 2021, 10:58:42 »
Shhhh! Don't tell the Hapsburgs!

Yes to European aristocracy's practices being....eyebrow raising.  Let's just say I don't think most people would approve!

"Little Johnny has come of age, darling.  Let's call your brother in Austria and marry him to your niece, shall we?"

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #407 on: 27 April 2021, 13:52:57 »
I'm not sure illegitimacy really matters in CapCon. I'll note that Romano Liao wasn't married, Tseng Shang was just a consort (and strictly speaking not even confirmed as Sun Tzu's father).
Being Liao by blood and having political backing is more important.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #408 on: 27 April 2021, 14:10:28 »
Well said, Empyrus. Acceptable is what House Liao and The Celestial Wisdom say they are. The Citizen's duty is to simply follow The State's directions. I'd say worry more for the Magistracy, but we all know the Canopians aren't exactly hung up on social norms, either.

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #409 on: 28 April 2021, 01:34:35 »
Well said, Empyrus. Acceptable is what House Liao and The Celestial Wisdom say they are. The Citizen's duty is to simply follow The State's directions. I'd say worry more for the Magistracy, but we all know the Canopians aren't exactly hung up on social norms, either.

So when can we have the first catgirl chancellor of the Canopian Confederation?  :))

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #410 on: 28 April 2021, 02:15:31 »
So when can we have the first catgirl chancellor of the Canopian Confederation?  :))

One or two more generations and I think we will be there

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #411 on: 28 April 2021, 12:44:15 »
Just in time for a Capellan Civil War.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #412 on: 01 May 2021, 06:48:56 »
I was reading through FM:3145 again today and got to wondering, we know that the seven commonalities should each have two CCAF Brigades, Chesterton has none as of 3145 and both Sarna and Victoria have one each, so my question is which other currently defunct Brigades should be brought back into service to bring these numbers up?

For me i'm thinking the Chesterton Regulars will be back as one of Chesterton's and the Liao Lancers as the second Sarna one.

I'd like to see the Capellan Brigade brought back into service as well (mainly due to my love of the Shin Legion), but am stumped for the fourth.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #413 on: 01 May 2021, 12:40:41 »
As Victoria Commonality dates from the reign of Sun-Tzu Liao, there's no historical brigade to restore for them. Any second Brigade for the Victoria Commonality would likely be new.

Hotham

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #414 on: 06 May 2021, 00:24:20 »
So, Blood Will Tell. I believe Daoshen Liao is not long for this world. I've been preparing for TPTB to lay the hammer on the Confederation for a while now, but considering the presence of Danai as a character, it might not be too bad.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2021, 08:30:11 by Hotham »
"My mother told me to never throw stones at Davions. But my father told me, aim for their heads." - Daoshen Liao

"Call me, when you need me." - Danai Centrella-Liao

"Bath him, then bring him to my chambers." - Romano Liao

The Warrior Houses are the closest thing BattleTech has to the Jedi Order. Change my mind.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #415 on: 06 May 2021, 00:46:57 »
I never got to th Dark Age fiction with her in it, but she seems alright. Hopefully she can hold onto something when the wolves and whoever they sucker into the fight get around to dealing with the CC.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #416 on: 30 June 2021, 13:58:48 »
Anyone recall what 'Mech Blackwind Lancer's to-be-CO Warner Doles piloted? Or what 'Mechs the unit fielded?
Just on-top-of-your-head-memory, i'll be looking for my The Capellan Solution books...

EDIT Found the books and found the 'Mechs.
Trisha Smithson piloted a Victor (9K/D model i think, due to Gauss Rifle), and Warner Doles had a Grasshopper.
Need to dig a bit more though, since those 'Mechs got lost. Wonder what Warner piloted later on.
EDIT2 Looks like an Emperor.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2021, 14:12:06 by Empyrus »

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #417 on: 03 July 2021, 11:26:56 »
Anyone recall what 'Mech Blackwind Lancer's to-be-CO Warner Doles piloted? Or what 'Mechs the unit fielded?
Just on-top-of-your-head-memory, i'll be looking for my The Capellan Solution books...

EDIT Found the books and found the 'Mechs.
Trisha Smithson piloted a Victor (9K/D model i think, due to Gauss Rifle), and Warner Doles had a Grasshopper.
Need to dig a bit more though, since those 'Mechs got lost. Wonder what Warner piloted later on.
EDIT2 Looks like an Emperor.

I don't have access to my Cap Con 1985 era House Liao book, but, I want to say they gave the unit an interesting "common" set of mechs of Archer & Enforcer.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #418 on: 03 July 2021, 11:57:38 »
I don't have access to my Cap Con 1985 era House Liao book, but, I want to say they gave the unit an interesting "common" set of mechs of Archer & Enforcer.

Just checked and you are spot on.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #419 on: 03 July 2021, 12:44:16 »
That was mentioned on Sarna.net actually. But i figure that might not be true circa 3060 anymore.

Register