Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 200497 times)

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
FORMER Bears with Horses bondsmen? Sounds like there's quite a story there.

Outpost seems the best bet, could even have been acquired when you picked up the Horsies.

Wandering comes to mind... so quick name idea's would be 'Wandering Fire' or 'Wandering Justice' .... or the less serious 'Justice Comes Knocking'.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Probabally a better motto "Justice Comes Knocking!"

Basically the plot revolves around a Bear Trinary deserting during the Second RD/DCMS/NC war because of the Khans Bear-zerker-ness. They find the Republic the next best bet and get offered by retired and aging Belle Lee , Commanding General, to be a new Errant Force.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Had a match that makes you just feel good to be a bear  8)

As for your unit. I'll think of a few names, got a couple rolling around but i'm not happy with the "Bear Knights"
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
How about calling them "Care Bears" instead?
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Archangel

• Major
Just make sure they have the Bare Essentials.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Rogue Bears?

Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
Wanted fugitives.

Cote's Lament.

WarGod

• Lieutenant
i'm already using the stray bears, so how about wondering bear?
A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

WarGod

• Lieutenant
A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
*Giggles* I'v made someone Hate Karhus
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
That sort of behavior makes my enemies use Karhus.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
That sort of behavior makes my enemies use Karhus.

that would be a FUN match. Actually i only say i made someone hate Karhus because the mention of me taking one made him state he hates them  ;D Also just beat up a Timberwolf A with the G  >:D. Had to go hey diddle diddle straight up the middle for the map and got some lucky dice rolls. Karhus are so much fun to play with  :D
 To be honest i only won the star on star match because halfway through i broke zell after my Mad dog A ammo exploded and got knocked out. After that it was a knock down drag slug match where my Karhu G's Srms were pretty useless against the warwolf...the HLL wasn't! *knocked it out tho with headshots*

While my winning because i broke zell means i gained no honor...i can state canon precedence when bears have broken zell against the wolves  ;)

MidfieldMarauder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • There's always another option.
that would be a FUN match. Actually i only say i made someone hate Karhus because the mention of me taking one made him state he hates them  ;D Also just beat up a Timberwolf A with the G  >:D. Had to go hey diddle diddle straight up the middle for the map and got some lucky dice rolls. Karhus are so much fun to play with  :D
 To be honest i only won the star on star match because halfway through i broke zell after my Mad dog A ammo exploded and got knocked out. After that it was a knock down drag slug match where my Karhu G's Srms were pretty useless against the warwolf...the HLL wasn't! *knocked it out tho with headshots*

While my winning because i broke zell means i gained no honor...i can state canon precedence when bears have broken zell against the wolves  ;)

A win is a win. In the end, the winner gets the honor.  ;D
Dave "Middy" Martin
CDT Agent #880

Author of "Lost Ghosts" (Shrapnel #9), "That Old Highlander Way" (Slack Tide Anthology), "In Service to the Dragon" (Gray Markets Anthology), and the BattleCorps stories "Loyalty's Price" and "Risk of Honor"

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
A win is a win. In the end, the winner gets the honor.  ;D

Honor of the clan before honor of the warrior  ;)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
The Lost Bears  O0

Lol you're lucky I watched the youtube cause there was no way I was gonna even consider that after all the times my old siblings watched the lost boys in my house

Running them thru MM matches when I can right now

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Lol you're lucky I watched the youtube cause there was no way I was gonna even consider that after all the times my old siblings watched the lost boys in my house

Running them thru MM matches when I can right now

If you ever need an opfor let me know  :)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
If I make thru the next week or two without major issues definetly

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Man iv been on a roll with Kobold IICs, Took out a Tomahawk with a point!!!! they died the same round but still  O0

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Which version/variant of the Tomahawk ? And not bad either way...

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
was a Tomahawk II Prime. It took a couple SRM's to the head from a Executioner I as it ran by,but apparently kobolds are so scary now it focused on them for a couple of turns, so my Kobolds while getting HAG'd to death got a shot off with its machineguns to its dome, Rest of the Kobolds were chasing Tanks around like a benny hill Skit.

Joke of the match was "Tanks for the extra targets"

GBscientist

• Warrant Officer
  • It could always be worse.
Nice kill, Foxx.  How many movement points do the Kobold IICs have?  I haven't had the pleasure of using them.
"Peace through superior firepower."- Arsenal of Freedom, ST:TNG

SteveRestless

• Major
6 VTOL MP
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

GBscientist

• Warrant Officer
  • It could always be worse.
Damn.  That's even faster than the Sylph.
"Peace through superior firepower."- Arsenal of Freedom, ST:TNG

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Damn.  That's even faster than the Sylph.

like the writeup in NTNU says, they learned to fly  ;D With me they learned to kill  >:D It helps that i like to channel my inner MD Geist when i use battle armor  >:/!

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
Learning to fly comes from a passage in Small Gods about eagles and tortoises.

MidfieldMarauder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • There's always another option.
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #416 on: 11 June 2015, 23:04:04 »
My happy Ghost Bear moment of the day: I restructured my 2nd Bear Regulars unit and discovered that I had enough battle armor left over to form them into an Elemental Trinary from Beta Galaxy.

It's like I hit the battle armor lottery!

The new unit has one Star of Golem Assault Armor and two Stars of Elemental Battle Armor with enough Anhurs and Eldingars to transport every Point. So happy!   :D
Dave "Middy" Martin
CDT Agent #880

Author of "Lost Ghosts" (Shrapnel #9), "That Old Highlander Way" (Slack Tide Anthology), "In Service to the Dragon" (Gray Markets Anthology), and the BattleCorps stories "Loyalty's Price" and "Risk of Honor"

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #417 on: 13 June 2015, 04:32:27 »
that is awesome!!!! YOU get a battle armor! and you get a battle armor! battle armor for everybody!!! *enemies groan*

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #418 on: 20 June 2015, 02:05:40 »
So for my Decanting day on the 23rd, i ask all of us bears take a moment of silence and raise our glasses to the memory of the Ursa Major  [cheers]

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #419 on: 20 June 2015, 02:10:21 »
*lifts his lemonade!*
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Register