Author Topic: It's a bird! It's a plane! No it's Superman's younger, female cousin: Supergirl!  (Read 78465 times)

Skyth

• Lieutenant
Looks like J'onn will be able to start turning into animals soon :)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
This episode just reminds me how unpowerful J'onn actually seems to be.  Just seems like he's there just to be beat up on to show how powerful Kara can be and even then Kara doesn't seem to be doing that great either.  We even have her showing off some abilities in this episode that would have come in handy versus Parasite.

At the very least I would have expected Kara to be smart enough to not engage in hand to hand combat against something that absorbs energy by touch after getting touched and energy drained.  Rip up a lamp post and go to town, heat vision, freeze breath, or hell even throw some cars at him.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
I agree.  After their first engagement where she got drained, i thought she would have altered her stance to using her eye beams or the like.
BUT it sees through out both seasons so far, she is very reluctant to USE them for some reason..
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
It's really sad that she is not using the full range of her powers in a fight. Superspeed in particular is rarely seen. Why?
Smallville was far better in using Clark's powers, so it's not like it can't be done right.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Kind of felt sorry for the sister at the end getting humiliated like that. I know Maggie was trying to be nice about it but it came out wrong.

Not sure how I feel about Jimmy getting into the super hero thing either.  And Cadmus rears it's ugly head again

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
And Cadmus rears it's ugly head again

In the most stupid way ever. Like they just knew Mon El would kneel down beside the homeless guy ... yeah, sure ...

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
In the most stupid way ever. Like they just knew Mon El would kneel down beside the homeless guy ... yeah, sure ...

Maybe mommy Luthor saw video of him 'saving that girl' and thought "Ah we have a new super hero on our hands."

THOUGH why is it tazers always seem to work on aliens?

guardiandashi

• Major
I hate to say it but that line from spaceballs pretty much sums it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLElEqzJArI right at the end..
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I mean I get it sometimes stuff happens and the heroes don't think of something because "reasons" or well you just don't have that thought at that time.

frankly the whole Cadmus as the big bad that their plots always work because, "reasons" and everyone else is tripping over not revealing them too soon gets old.

as far as the tazers/stun devices working on just about all alien species that was a little irritating I mean last episode we had the bad guys running around with confiscated (stolen) alien weapons and having one that on low power was beating up on Kara pretty well sorta made sense because if it was at full power it could have wrecked huge swathes of the city... didn't irritate me as much because it was kind of the whole noisy cricket trope from MiB IE hugely overpowered gun in a small package (it was a big gun, but it was essentially a starship weapon that was man portable.)
but knowing the episode big bad "drains powers and abilities" in physical contact so you go hand to hand with him again???

all I can think is that while Kara has been telling Mon El off for not having control of his powers, it almost seems like Kara avoids the Eye blasts because she feels like she doesn't have full control, but has been demonstrating reasonable levels of control in the last few episodes.

as far as the whole Martian Manhunter and miss Martian didn't we see her transform to a non "green" Martian last episode? it makes me wonder if her story isn't really what she told Jon Ie there was that female white Martian who refused to kill the green one(s) and saved her... well maybe instead of being the Green Martian she is actually that White Martian... or something.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
as far as the whole Martian Manhunter and miss Martian didn't we see her transform to a non "green" Martian last episode? it makes me wonder if her story isn't really what she told Jon Ie there was that female white Martian who refused to kill the green one(s) and saved her... well maybe instead of being the Green Martian she is actually that White Martian... or something.

That wasn't AC/20-just-got-hit-location-12 obvious?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

guardiandashi

• Major
That wasn't AC/20-just-got-hit-location-12 obvious?
well sort of, but sometimes they try to do the whole wheels within wheels thing too hard.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
I thought it was LRM-5 hit center torso poss crit, 3 crits, engine, engine, engine obvious!

Skyth

• Lieutenant
I wonder if Medusa is how they are going to defeat the dominators...

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
So interesting first ep of what they are calling the 4 part crossover..
First off we finally learn what that Medusa is that Robo hank was asking about in last ep..  Apparently its a super virus created to kill just non-kriptonites.  FIRST OFF i would love to know how in the HELL Cadimus even knew about it, let alone WHERE and how to get INTO the fortress of solitude.  Secondly, even WITH robo-hank having Kara's DNA on his hands thanks to the blood vial, are they really saying that the robot thinggy protecting it couldn't SEE the person wasn't Kara?? 
But glad to see thta since Mon-el is close to kryptonian, he wasn't killed instantly.  And i wonder, did Ms White martian get offed??

Now that done, lets get into the whole Mom-daughter luthor angle.
Initially when she got confronted about mommy dearest being part of Cadimus, and then handing over the element 343 thing..  i was fearing that daughter was actually in LEAGUE with mom..  BUT the double cross she did at the end, gave me hope back that she is NOTHING like her mom...  GOOD WORK Gang.

And Barry and cisco showing up..  Why did it take 3 times to break through???

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
The last question will be answered tomorrow, I think ;)

What bugged me about Medusa: It kills aliens, but from a Kryptonian point of view. That makes humans aliens and Cadmus should have wiped out their own kind.
That bugged me the whole episode.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major

What bugged me about Medusa: It kills aliens, but from a Kryptonian point of view. That makes humans aliens and Cadmus should have wiped out their own kind.

Yeah the humans should have been killed off as well by Medusa but still how did Cadmus hear of it

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
Yeah the humans should have been killed off as well by Medusa but still how did Cadmus hear of it

I assume the existence of Medusa wasn't a complete secret to the galaxy (getting the word about its existence out would be a great protection for Krypton) and they got it from some random alien they tortured for information.
As far as the Fortress is concerned ... that is more strange. Lex could possibly have known about it. He found it in quite a few alternate universes, so why not here?

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel

Unless Cadimus has some super duper geneticists who were able to quickl as hell modify medusa into working on all BUT humans...

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
But then why couldn't they modify it to work on Kryptonians?

Answer: Comic book show.  Everyone can just do what ever they need to do for the sake of the plot, no matter how silly or big of an object you can drive through the holes.

My biggest beef is the cross over element is so small and brief that I honestly feel like I was lied to and it really shouldn't count.

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
I agree there.

It was a standard episode of Supergirl with the crossover tacked on.  I would have preferred a more solid crossover myself.

I hope the rest of the week is more crossovery...;)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
The producers have been quite upfront about how the crossover would work, particularly that Supergirl the show would only be involved when Barry showed up to ask for Supergirl the character's help in the final minutes of the episode. They told us it would essentially be a three-way crossover with a little Supergirl tacked on.

And that, boys and girls, is lesson #1 in why you should never, ever watch trailers or commercials for a show you like. They're not put together by the folks who actually make the show but by the network's marketing department, who don't care about things like spoilers or accuracy.

VhenRa

• Captain
Honestly my money on why it didn't work on Humans is... it wasn't designed to. Kara's father didn't add Humans to the target list because primitive backwater planet that isn't capable of interstellar travel, etc etc etc. Everyone else you really run into seems to be capable of space flight, being part of some sorta interstellar community in some department. We know Krypton had contact with lots and lots of other species, to the point where Kara IDs many of em right off the bat just from her memory of as a kid.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
I never even considered that angle..

VhenRa

• Captain
People on other forums aren't considering it either.

So impressed at humanity's self-importance. In the Supergirl setting... Earth is a dirt ball in the middle of nowhere. Third world dustball.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Unless Cadimus has some super duper geneticists who were able to quickl as hell modify medusa into working on all BUT humans...

Hmm. Adopted Mother comes right out and says the virus was easily modified since it was weaponized, so she was able to target specific aliens. If she can do it, why couldn't Cadmus? Gee. I think you might be on to something!  O0
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
If they could so easily modify it, why was it then stated, that Kryptonians are immune and Mon El could survive it longer, because his DNA is close to a Kryptonian's DNA.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
*ahem*

Since spoilering it seems to have gotten the answer to everyone's question ignored:

Answer: Comic book show.  Everyone can just do what ever they need to do for the sake of the plot, no matter how silly or big of an object you can drive through the holes.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
Oh, I read that. I just don't think it is any form of good or acceptable story telling.
Might be, that being a writer myself, I'm a snob here, but I'm not willing to accept that. There are things I accept grudgingly, like horses magically appearing for the Legends, but in this case there should at least have been a half assed explanation. I can, still grudgingly, accept half assed.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Woohoo!

Turn Off Your Auto-Correct, Mister Mxyzptlk is Coming to 'Supergirl'

Sadly, however, it could possibly be part of the upcoming *barf* musical episode.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Is that why it hasn't been on in 2 weeks :P

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Skyth

• Lieutenant
It's the mid season break for all the arrowverse shows.

Register