Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141772 times)

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #150 on: 07 September 2021, 11:47:22 »
I like the idea of a two-lance box that basically gives someone a force that can go up against the base AGoAC box or Clan Box.

The aforementioned downside to the Dragoon mechs is that they mostly sit on the extremes of the weight spectrum. You've got multiple assaults and multiple lights, but only one medium and no heavies. Not exactly a well-rounded selection, unless the opportunity is taken to throw in some of the 3039 mediums and heavies that didn't make any of the KS boxes, like the Osts or Vindie.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #151 on: 07 September 2021, 11:57:35 »

klarg1, he cited 8 even if the did not place the comma, lol.

See? I was wrong again!  ;D

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #152 on: 07 September 2021, 12:45:05 »
I like the idea of a two-lance box that basically gives someone a force that can go up against the base AGoAC box or Clan Box.

But as you said, that would be a 'box' which Adrian was pretty emphatic it was not.  I mean, a Wolf's Dragoons expansion pack highlighting mercs . . . I think it still comes back to what AS 'role' is the prospective Dragoon's lance going to be?  How much cross-over?  Unfortunately if it is all new minis, their exclusives from wolfspider's post stayed pretty much exclusive unlike the Marauder II and Gallowglas.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #153 on: 07 September 2021, 13:37:47 »
I'm basically content to be a wait-er....and I DO fully appreciate all the fun new stuff on the schedule  :) ....but any word re: prt 3 (and the PoD compilation) of Herb's Jardine cycle?

That's a great question!

- Herb

cobaltcoil

• Sergeant
  • Cry Havoc and Let Loose the Wolves/Coyotes of War
« Reply #154 on: 07 September 2021, 13:49:26 »
That's a great question!

- Herb

I think in the last AMA that was held John Helfers said it was in the pipeline, but he wasn't sure exactly when it was coming out but that it was coming out very soon....

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #155 on: 07 September 2021, 14:15:40 »
  Unfortunately if it is all new minis, their exclusives from wolfspider's post stayed pretty much exclusive unlike the Marauder II and Gallowglas.
I did a quick look on the master unit list and found that they are not as exclusives as most people think:
Imp -HW Clan, IS Clan, Wolfs Dragoons
Shogun- Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Burrock, Clan Cloud Cobra, Clan Coyote, Clan Star Adder,
Free World League, Star League, Wolfs Dragoons
Annihilator HW Clan General, HW Clan General, Wolfs Dragoons, Kell Hounds, Lyran Commonwealth, Mercenary,
Republic of the Sphere
Hoplite Star League, Rim Worlds Republic, Capellan Confederation,Federated Suns, Magistracy of Canopus,
Wolfs Dragoons
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #156 on: 07 September 2021, 14:20:50 »
My guess for WD force pack would be Annihilator, Imp, Falcon, Firefly.
This gives two pairs of equal tonnage and these 'Mechs are quite useful for playing Operation Klondike.

They've done art for the hoplite, so that one is extremely likely. Firefly would mean we need a good RecGuide firefly, as the 3060s firefly were yuck - single sinks.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #157 on: 07 September 2021, 14:49:05 »
I did a quick look on the master unit list and found that they are not as exclusives as most people think:
Imp -HW Clan, IS Clan, Wolfs Dragoons
Shogun- Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Burrock, Clan Cloud Cobra, Clan Coyote, Clan Star Adder,
Free World League, Star League, Wolfs Dragoons
Annihilator HW Clan General, HW Clan General, Wolfs Dragoons, Kell Hounds, Lyran Commonwealth, Mercenary,
Republic of the Sphere
Hoplite Star League, Rim Worlds Republic, Capellan Confederation,Federated Suns, Magistracy of Canopus,
Wolfs Dragoons

You can throw out the Homeworlds.  And the Imp C, frex the IS Clan list, afaik we have never actually seen it in a Clan force.  Shogun?  FWL, and I am wondering if that is a Clan Protectorate inclusion for the 3140s.  Shoguns are also supposed to be rare as can be, IIRC almost extinct before the Dragoons got the Foxes to start building them again in Republic Era.  Annihilator I already said was sold around some, but from most of it's IS time was mostly a Dragoon exclusive.

And just to satisfy curiousity, I looked it up for each design and checked the era boxes.
Royal Shogun/FWL-  Early Succession Wars, aka SL units that went over, then goes extinct
Annihilator-  Takes until the Clan Invasion era for it to go KH/Merc General . . . Early Republic it adds RAF & LCAF but note the original MAD II has 'Merc General' for Late SW- Renaissance when per canon outside of Barber's Marauders and maybe Kell Hounds the Dragoons did not let others buy the mech.  So, Invasion era it was still probably restricted
Hoplite-  All of those factions outside the Clans & Dragoons you mention ALSO, like the Shogun are Star League leftovers and extinct for those factions in the Succession Wars

So no, for most of the time since the Dragoons re-introduced those designs they were exclusive to them.

They've done art for the hoplite, so that one is extremely likely. Firefly would mean we need a good RecGuide firefly, as the 3060s firefly were yuck - single sinks.

Which is why I included the Annihilator and Hoplite in the prospective box, with the Shogun getting a Dark Age era variant or two I would like to see it.  Gallowglas would also be nice as it gives us a heavy .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #158 on: 07 September 2021, 14:58:14 »

So no, for most of the time since the Dragoons re-introduced those designs they were exclusive to them.

True but it does give you options, but like I said it was just an educated guess and time will tell, but a new Gallowglas would make me happy!
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #159 on: 07 September 2021, 17:42:31 »
Hey, it's ALWAYS Cool to Surprise us every now and then!   :thumbsup:

Ya'll keep up the AWE . . . AMAZING work!   :beer:  :clap:  :clap:

Agreed
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #160 on: 08 September 2021, 10:22:29 »
Something from the real world:

A German company has announced the IBEX Schreitpanzer (IBEX Striding Tank):

https://donaustahl.bayern/2021/08/26/donaustahl-praesentiert-ibex-ugv-plattform/

Quads are going to be real?
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #161 on: 08 September 2021, 10:45:35 »
That's more of a QuadVee drone.
It's also just a concept study. I have some severe doubts about its actual feasibility.

MyndkryM

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #162 on: 08 September 2021, 13:48:02 »
Something from the real world:

A German company has announced the IBEX Schreitpanzer (IBEX Striding Tank):

https://donaustahl.bayern/2021/08/26/donaustahl-praesentiert-ibex-ugv-plattform/

Quads are going to be real?

Ah yes....the hydropneumatic suspension from the MBT70 just wont die.
"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #163 on: 09 September 2021, 01:03:18 »
Yeah, I didn't get those details in time for the update on Friday, but I have them now. I'll update the page at some point today. And, I'll post here when it's done, no need to refresh constantly.

Any news here?)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #164 on: 09 September 2021, 01:27:30 »
Or about the CampOps hardcopies?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #165 on: 09 September 2021, 03:02:44 »
Or about the CampOps hardcopies?

What about them?  They've been out in stores for two months or so, if that's the question (though I got mine in my Wave 2 kickstarter order a week ago).
« Last Edit: 09 September 2021, 09:53:29 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #166 on: 09 September 2021, 06:58:41 »
At least a portion of people who ordered them from the CGL store have not received them yet. SO and ilClan shipped but CO did not come with for some reason. Bothersome because my FLGS does indeed have many copies mocking me when I go in. I had mentioned it a few pages upthread and cubby said he was looking into it
« Last Edit: 09 September 2021, 07:00:56 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
  • Buy my new book on Amazon!
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #167 on: 09 September 2021, 21:44:53 »
Gotta admit, I'm kinda excited for Spotlight On: Schmidt's Petraries to drop tomorrow. That's probably because I wrote it. I loved writing OTP: Hanseatic Crusade, and I loved writing the supporting PDFs for it, too.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #168 on: 09 September 2021, 21:49:46 »
I can't wait to buy my copies of all the Hansiatic Crusade stuff, too.  Thank you all for your hard work. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #169 on: 10 September 2021, 07:49:16 »
I got mine in my Wave 2 kickstarter order a week ago.
Same here.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #170 on: 10 September 2021, 14:42:54 »
Spotlight On: Schmidt’s Petraries Now Available!

At long last, we’re rounding out the products tying into Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade over the next few weeks, starting with Spotlight On: Schmidt’s Petraries, focusing on the brave defenders of the Hanseatic League!

Coming next week: Touring the Stars: Granada!

Spotlight On: Schmidt’s Petraries
Price: $3.99 (PDF Only)

Captain-Marshal Rudolf Schmidt took command of the Hanseatic Defense Force at a critical juncture. The nearby Scorpion Empire posed an existential threat to the Hanseatic League. While reorganizing the HDF, he recognized a crucial need for an elite company to inspire the troops. Thus was born Schmidt’s Petraries, the HDF’s overall command company and home to the best of the best. Intense training with their comrades was far different from the trial by fire that the Petraries faced when the Scorpion Empire finally invaded. The Petraries rose to the occasion, defying the fearsome invaders and inspiring a nation with their deeds.

Spotlight On: Schmidt’s Petraries includes a Unit History, Personalities, Personnel Rosters, Mission Tracks, and data for use with all scales of BattleTech play.

Catalyst Game Labs store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-spotlight-on-schmidt-s-petraries
DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/367890
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #171 on: 10 September 2021, 14:45:02 »
I had to look it up. Petraries are a type of catapult like thing.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #172 on: 10 September 2021, 14:49:59 »
Wolves on the Border also showed up in PoD

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #173 on: 10 September 2021, 21:55:25 »
Shouldn't those BA Platoons be CAR20 considering a Hanseatic BA Platoon is 20 suits? [As per Operational Turning Points Hanseatic Crusade]

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
  • Buy my new book on Amazon!
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #174 on: 10 September 2021, 22:35:23 »
That would be the case with an RDF. The Petraries don't necessarily subscribe to the standard League formations when it comes to battlesuits. This is not stated outright, but is shown by the use of Inner Sphere battlesuit squad sizes.

hf22

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #175 on: 10 September 2021, 23:01:32 »
Gotta admit, I'm kinda excited for Spotlight On: Schmidt's Petraries to drop tomorrow. That's probably because I wrote it. I loved writing OTP: Hanseatic Crusade, and I loved writing the supporting PDFs for it, too.

Any reason why the introducing professors name changed from Harry Alexander in the previous Spotlight On to Mathew Alexander in this one, or just an accident?

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #176 on: 10 September 2021, 23:05:36 »
Any reason why the introducing professors name changed from Harry Alexander in the previous Spotlight On to Mathew Alexander in this one, or just an accident?
Shhhhh!!  He's in the Witness Protection Program!   ;) 

Don't rat him out man!

;D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #177 on: 10 September 2021, 23:09:31 »
Shouldn't those BA Platoons be CAR20 considering a Hanseatic BA Platoon is 20 suits? [As per Operational Turning Points Hanseatic Crusade]

And there is no such thing as a 20 suit battle armor unit.  An AS unit card would need multiples to represent a 20 suit platoon, just as it does for a 4 mech Lance.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #178 on: 11 September 2021, 01:17:37 »
And there is no such thing as a 20 suit battle armor unit.  An AS unit card would need multiples to represent a 20 suit platoon, just as it does for a 4 mech Lance.

Wasn't actually talking about the Alpha Strike cards. Was talking about the strategic battleforce stuff. [If I was talking about Alpha Strike stuff, it would be CAR5 Squads given the Hanseatic org uses 5-suit squads...]

That would be the case with an RDF. The Petraries don't necessarily subscribe to the standard League formations when it comes to battlesuits. This is not stated outright, but is shown by the use of Inner Sphere battlesuit squad sizes.

Bit weird that that is their only divergence from typical Hanseatic organization. 16 'Mech Companies, 16 Squad BA Companies, just the only difference seeming to be using 4-suit squads instead of Hanseatic 5-suit squads.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #179 on: 11 September 2021, 06:47:42 »
[DELETED] 
Found Where Sultars are.  I'd be a boob.
« Last Edit: 13 September 2021, 06:58:46 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register