Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141756 times)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #420 on: 26 September 2021, 00:45:20 »
How many people would mind if they quietly swept LAMs under the rug?

Me.  I'd mind.  A lot.

Quads though, they probably do need a remake; they may be the red-headed step child of battletech, but they are still normal mechs doing normal mech things, and the Scorpion and Goliath kinda always looked out of place in a way other quads don't

I always kind of figured the other quads looked out of place.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #421 on: 26 September 2021, 00:57:45 »
The Ostsol appeared in IlClan RecGuide volume 14, and on the cover of the novel Ghost Hour. The Ostroc appears on the preview cover for Empire Alone. Also, I am pretty sure TPTB have already confirmed that the Goliath and Scorpion will be appearing in the RecGuides.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #422 on: 26 September 2021, 04:53:03 »
I'm fairly sure that the Rec-Guides are aimed at new players, such as those who just brought the new boxes, so LAMs are rather out of scope, especially with the fact that LAMs aren't 'Mechs, and the Rec Guides are 'Mech only.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #423 on: 26 September 2021, 12:55:03 »
This whole thing where folks want something removed from the setting completely just because you don't like playing with it in your games is a serious problem. Nobody's forcing you to deploy LAMs, or superheavies, or foot infantry, or WarShips. You can always leave them out of your games, why exactly should players who enjoy them be denied their fun just based on your preferences?
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #424 on: 26 September 2021, 13:48:08 »
This whole thing where folks want something removed from the setting completely just because you don't like playing with it in your games is a serious problem. Nobody's forcing you to deploy LAMs, or superheavies, or foot infantry, or WarShips. You can always leave them out of your games, why exactly should players who enjoy them be denied their fun just based on your preferences?

I take it as people wanting an easier to define "standard game" with the harder to incorporate elements cordoned off into Interstellar Operations, never to be mentioned again in the core rules of sourcebooks.   This being Battletech, I double they could be out and out removed.

Also, a shockingly high number, of peoples fun consists of ruining other peoples fun.   The Ruleloopholer Metagamers who show up with lists against the spirit of the scenario, and exploit the go-along-to-get along attitude of a lot of players and just cause everyone to waste an afternoon....  or even worse...  those that play Urbanmech for the memes.   ;)

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #425 on: 26 September 2021, 13:57:18 »

Well dang, I was about to start a thread to discuss if we really needed BattleMechs in the game or fiction.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #426 on: 26 September 2021, 14:01:34 »
Well dang, I was about to start a thread to discuss if we really needed BattleMechs in the game or fiction.

BattleTech 3250: nothing but tripod-protomech-LAMs.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #427 on: 26 September 2021, 14:33:18 »
Someone would have to have the interest and make a cohesive pitch. Then the TP or TTS coordinator would have to green light it then the devs would have to find a slot for it. Or it becomes important enough to the plot that someone gets assigned the project

So… maybe?

I didn't see this I'd take a maybe

Honestly I'm a little surprised they didn't delve into the whole Kittery Prefecture a bit more.

I understand it was a Jihad thing but a Spotlight On or Touring the Stars on the Prefecture would be awesome.

This was the Prototype Republic...

When the Republic formed Stoner abandoned it? Left it to find for itself? Gifted to Federated Suns?

What WoB secrets were there? What still hasn't been found?  The Star League Nova Cats went there could refugees turn up there and find hidden  spoils? Or a Vision?

It could be a great adventure hook like a modern version of the Star League Cache type look.

Can you imagine your merc unit finds half a dozen Celestial Omnis hidden on Kittery in the Dark Age... keep them your enemy number 1 in days bit with serious firepower sell them make billions
« Last Edit: 26 September 2021, 14:35:15 by Dragon Cat »
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

MDFification

• Sergeant
  • The Rim Is Not Yet Lost
« Reply #428 on: 26 September 2021, 15:22:00 »

I like LAMs existing as a footnote because it shows how borked the SLDF procurement process was. They threw stupid amounts of money at anything the marketers claimed was "cutting edge", then tried to rationalize how doing so was better than buying more practical, less ambitious designs later. With a healthy dose of graft to grease the wheels and make sure your crap got purchased no matter the feasibility. It resembles the procurement processes of IRL cash-rich governments during peacetime, tbh.

The players in current era Battletech not having more money than sense, though, it'd feel weird for LAMs to show up again as anything other than relics of a long-gone era. I'm happy to have them in the game, just... not as a staple of your average military. That'd feel weird.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #429 on: 26 September 2021, 15:46:56 »
I didn't see this I'd take a maybe

Honestly I'm a little surprised they didn't delve into the whole Kittery Prefecture a bit more.

I understand it was a Jihad thing but a Spotlight On or Touring the Stars on the Prefecture would be awesome.

This was the Prototype Republic...

Lol, wrong time period for the previous poster's remarks.  They were talking about when Justin and Candace's forces were going at each other- he got his promotion, she got wounded.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #430 on: 26 September 2021, 16:55:36 »
Lol, wrong time period for the previous poster's remarks.  They were talking about when Justin and Candace's forces were going at each other- he got his promotion, she got wounded.

Could be good too :thumbsup:

Mini products are cool
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #431 on: 26 September 2021, 21:32:56 »
Is Spotlight On: Hellion Keshik going to make an appearance today?

Apologies, but that product is now slated for release on Friday, Oct. 8.

Also, the LAM conversation and discussion of product proposals should be split off into their own threads.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #432 on: 27 September 2021, 08:35:03 »
"Entscheidung am Thunder Rift" (Decision at Thunder Rift) is now available as an audiobook in German.

https://hpgstation.de/2021/09/27/entscheidung-am-thunder-rift-jetzt-als-hoerbuch/
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #433 on: 27 September 2021, 09:21:22 »
I'd like see Turning Points: Spica featuring Justin Allard vs Candice Liao in their campaign where they fought rather interesting war described as plot hook during the Warrior Series.
I just had a thought Turning Points Kittery? Could we ever see one? 

It's been a border world, a trade crossroads between the Suns and St Ives, a base for the Second SLDF, a re-education camp and the "capitol" of Stones first nation

Pretty sure there's plenty to get into a Turning Point there or a Touring of the Stars

Just FYI: If you mention it here, I think you're actually less likely to see it made. A lot of companies won't accept unsolicited ideas because if they make it some goofball will say "I proposed that and you didn't credit me for the idea." That's the reason we have the Fan Articles, Fan Fiction, etc. boards.

On the other hand, if you do get really motivated and put something together, I'd love to see it. I'm always looking for New Cool Stuff.

Me. I don't like them, I don't use them, and I abused the hell out of them back when I was young and stupid* but like Weirdo said: Taking away something that someone likes to use counts as a jerk move. I think the rules right now are just fine.

*Now I'm old and stupid. ;)
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #434 on: 27 September 2021, 12:19:46 »
**MOD REQUEST**

As per Cubby’s previous post, please take LAM-related discussions to another thread.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #435 on: 27 September 2021, 13:48:46 »
The Dark Ages novel "Hunter's of the Deep", by Randall Bills, is the latest book in the Battletech Legends series (reprints). It's offered digitally from many sources and Print on Demand from Amazon.

https://books2read.com/BattleTechLegendsHuntersoftheDeep

DISSENT FROM WITHIN…

Sea Fox Clansmen are space-bound, nomadic warrior-merchants who live and die aboard their naval vessels, going planetside only to negotiate a new deal or for combat—often the same thing for a Fox. Divided into five autonomous Khanates, they are led by the Khan of Clan Sea Fox. Their mission: to make deals and acquire the revenue needed to expand Sea Fox's honor, glory, and power...

For more than a decade, ovKhan Sha Clarke has watched his Spina Khanate achieve greater wealth and fame than any other. A burning passion drives him to free Spina Khanate from the shackles of Clan Sea Fox—no matter the cost...

Fiercely loyal to Clan Sea Fox, ovKhan Petr Kalasa knows Sha is plotting rebellion, but even he cannot guess the lengths to which the other ovKhan will go to achieve his goal. Attempting to stop his rival, he baits Sha into a one-on-one duel. The result is a disaster that vividly demonstrates how much Petr will have to sacrifice to put an end to Sha's machinations. Yet his suspicions of Sha will not let him rest. Petr has lost one battle, but—as the Clan as his witness—he will not lose the war...

Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #436 on: 27 September 2021, 14:02:57 »
It's a good one!   :thumbsup:
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

ShadowSwordmaster

• Sergeant
« Reply #437 on: 27 September 2021, 14:23:46 »
Loved this one.

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #438 on: 27 September 2021, 16:11:23 »
Nice depiction of the Tiburon.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #439 on: 27 September 2021, 16:13:45 »
Still wondering what happened to agent Snow since she had thing with the ovKhan.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

IronSphinx

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Robots!!!
    • PlayBattletech
« Reply #440 on: 27 September 2021, 16:40:53 »
Really enjoying the artwork on these new covers.  :thumbsup:
Charles "IronSphinx" Wilson (CDT #66)
=======================
Want to find a Battletech game in Michigan?
Go to www.playbattletech.org.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #441 on: 27 September 2021, 17:23:28 »
Nice depiction of the Tiburon.

The fully visible weapons are triggering me something fierce.  :ticked:
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #442 on: 27 September 2021, 17:30:57 »
Really enjoying the artwork on these new covers.  :thumbsup:

I think the old MWDA books mostly looked better with a border and picture at the center.  Especially when I could find on the Amazon entry the # to check it against what ones I did have . . . and I think it also had it on the cover somewhere.  Further, Blood of the Isle?  The book had a Warhammer IIC 4, not the new art . . . same with the Centurion on a previous one being a CN11-O rather than a CN9 series.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #443 on: 27 September 2021, 18:03:51 »
I'll need to double check but I don't remember a Centurion on any of the original Dark Age publications.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #444 on: 27 September 2021, 18:11:14 »
I'll need to double check but I don't remember a Centurion on any of the original Dark Age publications.

It's in The Ruins of Power
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #445 on: 27 September 2021, 18:16:36 »
It's in The Ruins of Power
Original had a Agro mech, not a Cent.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #446 on: 28 September 2021, 15:36:37 »
A 2D cardboard punch out of John Waco.

Thin cardboard.

Harsh man, very harsh.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #447 on: 30 September 2021, 03:47:57 »
Cubby, if possible, could you tell us about the upcoming releases of fiction? :)

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #448 on: 30 September 2021, 08:55:07 »
Cubby, if possible, could you tell us about the upcoming releases of fiction? :)

Fiction Yes!  And Audiobooks!   I have a couple of Audible Credits I am sitting on.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #449 on: 30 September 2021, 09:17:19 »
Fiction Yes!  And Audiobooks!   I have a couple of Audible Credits I am sitting on.

You could buy German BT Audiobooks ;)

BTW: Some new German releases.

https://hpgstation.de/2021/09/30/proliferationszyklus-1-und-feuer-und-schwert-jetzt-verfuegbar/
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Register