Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141719 times)

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #1320 on: 10 December 2021, 15:37:49 »
Is anything new coming out today?

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1321 on: 10 December 2021, 16:38:49 »
Is anything new coming out today?

They haven't announced anything pending release besides the two rec guide one next week and the following week. The only other products mentioned are the touring the stars Rocky and The Spot light on but they have been moved so many times who knows on them.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1322 on: 10 December 2021, 22:38:48 »
Nothing this Friday?  Wow.

That's fine.  We've gotten so much, so consistently, it doesn't matter. 

Thank you to everyone behind the scenes for your hard work.  You deserve a weekend off.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1323 on: 10 December 2021, 23:27:18 »
We would have originally gotten Rec Guide 23 today, but due to the sheer size of the stuff they did for Black Friday they had to shift the releases for Rec Guides 22 and 23 back a week.  So we'll get it next Friday, then Rec Guide 24 the week after.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Tyrant

• Sergeant
« Reply #1324 on: 10 December 2021, 23:47:38 »
Is the MegaMat/BFM going to get a full retail release or will it be a Catalyst Store exclusive?
Seconding this question

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1325 on: 11 December 2021, 22:45:51 »
I'm curious what the combined book will be called. I guess TRO: ilClan or something.  Personally, it be too soon for that.

RecGuide IlClan i would think.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #1326 on: 11 December 2021, 23:02:15 »
I doubt it will be one book, the 3145 Faction TRO's got divided into TRO 3145 and 3150 respectively.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2021, 10:38:09 by SteelRaven »
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1327 on: 11 December 2021, 23:25:01 »
I counted once that if you take only the all-new designs and their sheets, they'd make a neat compilation TRO, comparable to TRO Irregulars or TRO Golden Century.

You could also make separate compilation volumes of the existing Spheroid and Clan 'Mechs. Three compilations total.

Though i keep wondering if we'll get new versions of TROs 3025 and TRO3050 at some point. Not straight reprints with new art or "upgrades", but reboots[ or spiritual successors so to speak.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #1328 on: 12 December 2021, 00:11:20 »
Though i keep wondering if we'll get new versions of TROs 3025 and TRO3050 at some point. Not straight reprints with new art or "upgrades", but reboots[ or spiritual successors so to speak.

Well, the way Scroggins & crew are hammering them out, it'd be worth waiting to cover the lot, no?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1329 on: 12 December 2021, 00:21:35 »
Well, the way Scroggins & crew are hammering them out, it'd be worth waiting to cover the lot, no?
Part of the reason i'm expecting we'll get those TROs redone in some way. Why make all the art if it would not get featured somewhere?
And that way a RecGuide compilation being limited to only new 'Mechs (of which i expect there will be 24) would make a lot of sense, as compiling all 'Mechs into one book is not really feasible.

EDIT Though i wonder if even "TRO Spheroids" and "TRO Clans" would be able to cover all 'Mechs with new art.
Original TRO 3025 has 50ish 'Mechs, whereas the newest ones, Golden Century and Irregulars feature about 25 units or thereabouts.
For some reason i got an impression CGL prefers to keep books on smaller side rather than bigger, like how advanced rulebooks got split into parts. Could be a false equivalency on my part though, as a big rulebook is a bit different from a big sourcebook.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2021, 00:27:17 by Empyrus »

Stormy

• Master Sergeant
  • Old is the New New
« Reply #1330 on: 12 December 2021, 01:47:04 »
Oh just go for broke: TRO: All the Mechs.

I could use something new to deadlift, or perhaps anchor my house with against high winds...

Daritus1988

• Sergeant
« Reply #1331 on: 12 December 2021, 03:34:28 »

I'm not a fan of those TRO:SW or TRO:CI. They're inferior to the older TRO:3939 and TRO:3050.

Let's hope we get better TROs...

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #1332 on: 12 December 2021, 07:20:24 »
I'm curious what the combined book will be called. I guess TRO: ilClan or something.  Personally, it be too soon for that.

RecGuide IlClan i would think.
My guess is 3 books:
- Revised TRO Succession Wars
- Revised TRO Clan Invasion
- TRO Rise of the IlClan
« Last Edit: 12 December 2021, 08:44:33 by Maingunnery »
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1333 on: 12 December 2021, 08:33:26 »
TRO: New Plastics.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #1334 on: 12 December 2021, 09:00:54 »
I'm not a fan of those TRO:SW or TRO:CI. They're inferior to the older TRO:3939 and TRO:3050.

Debatable.

TRO: New Plastics.

TRO: The Kickstarter Stuff

Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1335 on: 12 December 2021, 09:05:17 »

TRO : Beyond the Kickstarter Stuff

(hoping that the post-KS Inner Sphere redesigns will be included somewhere..)

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #1336 on: 12 December 2021, 09:08:20 »
TRO : Beyond the Kickstarter Stuff

(hoping that the post-KS Inner Sphere redesigns will be included somewhere..)

Now we need Tina Turner as a character and all will be well and good.

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1337 on: 12 December 2021, 09:14:12 »

She'd be in charge of the Solaris VII Games then :

"Two Mechs enter, one Mech leaves.."

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1338 on: 12 December 2021, 10:04:09 »
Oh just go for broke: TRO: All the Mechs.

I could use something new to deadlift, or perhaps anchor my house with against high winds...

If you buy enough PDFs you could conceivably print and bind your own. You could use it as a combination of reading material and dining table.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1339 on: 12 December 2021, 11:15:41 »

Let's hope we get better TROs...
I wasn't thinking of those two.
Those are mixed compilations of older TROs, essentially stop-gap products for newer players.

I'm thinking brand new TROs, one styled after original 3025 with only Spheroid 'Mechs, one with only Clan 'Mechs, none of the compilations did this. Era is the biggest question, though era-agnosticism isn't entirely impossible. This would be the most logical split under current system, match the Kickstarter and how the box sets and force packs are currently sorted.
I would not expect these hypotheticals to be labeled with those compilation TRO's names, or cover the same time periods.

That said, given the fact we're marching toward unified tech-base, this split will not make sense in the long run. But it is thematically extremely appropriate, and i'm doubtful we'll be getting starter systems etc. moved to ilClan-era anytime soon regardless, keeping 3050-era relevant.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #1340 on: 12 December 2021, 11:46:00 »
Much of the art is dated, but in terms of text content, TRO 3039 is the finest TRO ever published by a vast margin.

And the print version of RS: 3039 remains the best possible thing you could give a new player that only has up to the AGoAC box or one of the old intro boxes, with only the Clan Invasion box even remotely approaching that level of utility.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1341 on: 12 December 2021, 11:50:26 »
With the number of Mechs featured in the Rec Guides, you could make TRO: Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #1342 on: 12 December 2021, 12:45:26 »
I desperately hope that when the RecGuides and their compilations are done, they go back to the ages-old pattern of having more than just mechs in the big-name TROs. Even the token vees in TRO Irregulars puts that book leagues ahead of TROs SW, CI, or Jihad, and I'm genuinely worried we'll never see the likes of 3085 again.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1343 on: 12 December 2021, 15:55:54 »
I desperately hope that when the RecGuides and their compilations are done, they go back to the ages-old pattern of having more than just mechs in the big-name TROs. Even the token vees in TRO Irregulars puts that book leagues ahead of TROs SW, CI, or Jihad, and I'm genuinely worried we'll never see the likes of 3085 again.

Yeah, I don't want the mech-only format to be the new standard.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Daritus1988

• Sergeant
« Reply #1344 on: 12 December 2021, 15:57:22 »
I Would like something like a "TRO 3039 Redux".

All Stuff which is available from the Succession Wars Era up to 3039, split into Standard Mechs , First in Centuries, Vehicles, ASF ect. with the newest Illustrations.

"Mechs-only" is the reason why I think the new Generation of TROs (TRO:Sw, TRO:CI ect.) is inferior to the old one.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2021, 15:59:47 by Daritus1988 »

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1345 on: 12 December 2021, 16:46:45 »
Any new TRO would be for the new Era so printing a new TRO 3039 would be cool but wouldn't go with any of the new publications such as Tamar Rising and Empire Alone.

I'm sure we will see a republished TROs eventually but I don't see them on the heels of the Rec Guides considering the Guide have been serving in part as a intro to Il Clan era Mechs.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1347 on: 12 December 2021, 17:50:36 »
I hope the ilClan RecGuides compilation has the 3150 NTNU mechs in there as well, the Orion C and the like.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1348 on: 12 December 2021, 19:41:21 »
It would be very nice to actually get record sheets for all the 3150 mechs that were mentioned but never published, yes.  But I doubt it would be part of the Rec Guide compilation.

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1349 on: 12 December 2021, 21:25:33 »
I'm thinking brand new TROs, one styled after original 3025 with only Spheroid 'Mechs, one with only Clan 'Mechs, none of the compilations did this. Era is the biggest question, though era-agnosticism isn't entirely impossible. This would be the most logical split under current system, match the Kickstarter and how the box sets and force packs are currently sorted.
I would not expect these hypotheticals to be labeled with those compilation TRO's names, or cover the same time periods.

Yeah, this makes sense, releasing new TROs in accordance with how the box sets are made.  i can also see them putting all the news stuff into its own book (for a total of 3)