Author Topic: Rasalhague Dominion: The voting will continue until morale improves!  (Read 47427 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Terran Falcons are out, unless they magic up insane numbers in the roughly year since the ilClan trial finished. Wolves are in a similar but better situation.

I was mainly thinking Ravens, they already have a border with the Dracs and a uniform. Smoke Jags I didn’t think about, what small numbers they have are well suited and trained for a Bulldog/Birddog type operation and the irony/revenge would be great there. Even s protectorate cluster or two might do well over there, they sure acted strange when the FWL was taking back territory.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
Any would Alaric want to get revenge for the Nova Cats?

The Jags were targeted by the IS, so yes, they could be avenged, but the Cats were Abjured for siding with the IS Star League...
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Everyone we see has been abjured.

I figure if he’s gonna take revenge he might as well get two Allies out of the deal rather than one. Both of them are at the feet of the Dracs. Might as well lump them together. Also might help explain the oddity that is what the protectorate was doing in the FWL/wolf empire.

Plus OOC: if the Smoke Jags who got a deserved on screen death can get revived the nova cats deserve a shout.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2023, 22:29:19 by Kerfuffin(925) »

Minemech

• Captain
Alaric can offer support in the form of raiding parties and attacks on other Combine worlds using any of the Wolf, Terran Jade Falcons, Smoke Jaguars, or Snow Ravens. Even a few of those hitting different areas should tie down the Combine forces to where they are anticipating an attack from any direction.
Not really. The DCMS can exterminate to the man any Wolf/Falcon raiding parties with little risk should they not absorb them. Bear in mind that the DCA is quite good at what they do, and will follow any deep raiding force quite easily. The DCMS may not be in the best of shape, but they did prioritize Republic space. The main reason it is a bad idea for the Bears to be moving in on the Combine is that the DCMS are both battle hardened and equipped to deal with the Bears.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Of course, the FedSuns is also targeting the Combine at the moment.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
Too many moving parts and missing pieces to even attempt to figure out what is going on. We the players know there are Nova Cats and Spirit Cats, but who else does? No one knows what Alaric is planning and I am not sure the plans are still relevant. Honestly we need For IlKhans Eyes Only.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
Everyone we see has been abjured.
the Cats were Abjured by the Gand Council that included the IS Clans...everyone else was Abjured by a Grand Council that the IS Clans had basically started to ignore
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

Minemech

• Captain
We will see how many survivors there are from Palmyra. There is a possibility that the Suns may be held back by internal intrigue.

Church14

• Lieutenant
Im sitting here thinking…
We just went for a quickie war against the combine that could easily turn into a quagmire after our disaster of a vote.

Alaric wants to punish somebody for the destruction of the smoke jags, and probably is looking to do the same for the Nova Cats. Could that be his bargaining chip to get us to join up?

I don’t think he is in any place to actually offer support, but organize support against the Dracs

Wolves can’t afford to do anything but face off with CCAF. They simply don’t have the people to do much more than try to secure the one jumpmbuffer around Terra. I don’t think they’ll even secure that for years.

Falcons don’t have the numbers

Jags don’t have the numbers.

Foxes could, but what’s in it for them? Why so brazenly tank one of their major markets and risk a Khanate? “By order of the ilKhan” will stop buying much if Alaric’s orders out others at huge risk instead of his wolves.

Ravens could, and maybe would. But thanks to blackout it’s something like six(?) months to get the message to ravens and the direct route involves going along the FS/DC border. So they get the message and just attack with the hopes that the RasDom’s “short victorious war” isn’t over in months and Ravens ended up attacking alone? Ravens might do it, but same as foxes, what’s Alaric’s offer for the risk? And Raven’s have already started something with FedSuns, so Alaric is asking a nation that supposedly has an economy stretch badly with the warships to engage in a two front war with two different larger neighbors.

My guess is RasDom vs DC will be isolated to just them
« Last Edit: 13 May 2023, 08:16:31 by Church14 »

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Too many moving parts and missing pieces to even attempt to figure out what is going on. We the players know there are Nova Cats and Spirit Cats, but who else does? No one knows what Alaric is planning and I am not sure the plans are still relevant. Honestly we need For IlKhans Eyes Only.

Are you saying in universe people might not know the Nova Cats and Spirit Cats are related? The Protectorate has a unit called the 1st Nova Cat Provisionals

In any case ilKhans Eyes will be hopefully what ties everything together and gives us a better picture of the alliances that will form going forward.

Church14

• Lieutenant
Are you saying in universe people might not know the Nova Cats and Spirit Cats are related? The Protectorate has a unit called the 1st Nova Cat Provisionals

In any case ilKhans Eyes will be hopefully what ties everything together and gives us a better picture of the alliances that will form going forward.

Support from Alaric for RasDoms shirt victorious war would come post-ilKEO in whatever books follow

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield

Kisho is a rumor at this point. In universe the Nova Cats are dead, though the Spirit Cats are a descendant faction.
Because we have all read Legends we know Kisho Nova Cat is lurking with a group of Nova Cats which grows with every retelling. Given Kisho is notorious enough to make it into the IlClan section of Legends rather than the Dark Age section we have to assume something is going to happen.

Metallgewitter

• Captain

The Suns are exhausted though. And don't forget the Ravens have begun taking chunks of Fedsuns space. Much as I want to see House Davion regain more of their planets they have to do some serious rebuilding now (economically and also politically as a lot of nobles have become rather upstart with the absent of their First Prince)

The question will be if the war the Bears started at the end of DD is not going to bite them in their own ass. For one I can see the Combine turn fanatical because they never won against the Bears and Yori might want to use this to polish her image as the "Clan slayer" And let'snot forget while the population is united now (somewhat) if said war turns south I imagine new fracture lines to appear. And finally the Horses are right next to Rasalhague. What's stopping them from "It's Stampede time!"?

DOC_Agren

• Major
If it does Alaric, weakens more clans for his own ego.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Which would certainly be in character.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

LosTech Toaster

• Private
No longer shall we be divided!!! Untill the topic of does pineapple belong on pizza.
I'm not 100% opposed to it. Maybe a little curious, I just think there are so many other topics that why would it even be done.

Also, I'll straight up fight a Trial of Annihilation against anyone who has a problem with me putting pineapples on MY pizza. Not Grievance, not Refusal... you're getting Annihilated.
big mic drop

Now, can we talk some Bears or WHAT?!
Sure. What about a Ghost Bear pizza party with the topics being ingredients taken from Draconis Combine farms and the pizza slicer is a katana, while making a DCMS bondsman watch.  >:D
Oh, give me a home where the Urbanmechs roam.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
Sure. What about a Ghost Bear pizza party with the topics being ingredients taken from Draconis Combine farms and the pizza slicer is a katana, while making a DCMS bondsman watch.  >:D
Shiitake mushrooms on pizza would probably taste swell.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Pineapples are good, pizza is good: pineapple does not belong in pizza. Just my two cents.

Back to the Bears: I tried the Callisto the other day but didn’t get to actually use them as the game was called on time really quickly.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
pineapple does not belong in pizza.

You mean it doesn't belong on your pizza.

(Sorry, it's just mildly annoying that this stupid meme is still going. People need to stop worrying so much about everyone else's diets and stay in their own lane.)
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
You mean it doesn't belong on your pizza.

(Sorry, it's just mildly annoying that this stupid meme is still going. People need to stop worrying so much about everyone else's diets and stay in their own lane.)

No you’re right: not in my pizza. People can enjoy what they want.

Like right now I’m enjoying using the SM5 Field Commander and have found the rules for sideslipping hilarious. Almost side slipped off the map but ended up the next round passing four checks to get behind an enemy assault and double tap the rear torso. Fun times!

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
I don’t think I’ll ever use the Callisto as it’s such a waste of everything. In almost no situation are you better off using it.

The unique SM5 or just the regular SM1?
« Last Edit: 16 May 2023, 15:00:21 by Kerfuffin(925) »

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
I don’t think I’ll ever use the Callisto as it’s such a waste of everything. In almost no situation are you better off using it.

Unique: it’s also an OmniTank (with one variant) and the BV is high but it’s a beast. 9/14 (18) with BR armor. Ultra AC/20 w/ 4 tons ammo, TAG.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious

Well now I know what I'm gonna spend my two week vacation in June practicing with!! 
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
So the Pledge Manager has been going out if you haven’t seen (or gotten yours out: be patient they’re doing batches at a time).

Now on mine I’m only Battalion level but the campaign unlocked ALOT so I’m ending up with like 10 Force Packs. My real problem being the swag.

Now I don’t mean I have a problem with it: I have a problem that I want three plus factions swag lol! I need the new Rasalhague Dominion, the new Clan Ghost Bear swag, and the new FRR swag… along with any new Merc units or other clans. I don’t have the money lol.

Do I need a dice tray, you know dice trays which I never use, in my faction? No… but did I order one?
Also no, I didn’t cave. But it was tough.

So anyways TLDR: pledge ‘finished’ and I’ll have at least a new Star of mechs and two points of Visigoths to add to my units… not to mention a whole IS Battalion or two.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
Any would Alaric want to get revenge for the Nova Cats?

The Jags were targeted by the IS, so yes, they could be avenged, but the Cats were Abjured for siding with the IS Star League...

The DC used nuclear weapons to destroy the clan's genetic repository. Even if this clan was abjured. That alone is enough. Alaric doesn't care about Nova Cats. Just like everyone else in the universe. But he can rally the clans on a convenient occasion. After all, it will be extremely ironic if Nova Cats will be avenged by Bears who despise them.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
I broke and got the vehicle force pack with the Pattons, even though I was trying to spend as little as possible for this

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
I ended up with a lot of stuff. And way more salvage than I thought. I might have to start another faction.

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
The DC used nuclear weapons to destroy the clan's genetic repository. Even if this clan was abjured. That alone is enough. Alaric doesn't care about Nova Cats. Just like everyone else in the universe. But he can rally the clans on a convenient occasion. After all, it will be extremely ironic if Nova Cats will be avenged by Bears who despise them.

Came to despise them, but how much of that was the Cats going 2nd SL and how much was Black Dragon shenanigans? part of me can see some Bears wanting to go at the DC for turning casual friends into enemies or for destroying a Clan in such a dishonourable way, i.e. using the Bears to do their dirty work.

Side question; Has anyone gone through out MUL in and figured out what unit rolls we have a lot of? Skirmisher vs Sniper vs Scout ect. it would be interesting to me at least to see how our Touman has evolved over the era's and extrapolate how we are mostly fighting going in to the ilClan era.
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Came to despise them, but how much of that was the Cats going 2nd SL and how much was Black Dragon shenanigans? part of me can see some Bears wanting to go at the DC for turning casual friends into enemies or for destroying a Clan in such a dishonourable way, i.e. using the Bears to do their dirty work.

Side question; Has anyone gone through out MUL in and figured out what unit rolls we have a lot of? Skirmisher vs Sniper vs Scout ect. it would be interesting to me at least to see how our Touman has evolved over the era's and extrapolate how we are mostly fighting going in to the ilClan era.

the cats didnt start raiding us without Hegira due to joining the 2SL or the black dragons. thats why we hated them, the other stuff made it worse.
I dont see the bears doing this for the Cats, but if Alaric can capitalize on the situation that works too. Also I assume the dracs are the first target for the smoke jags revenge as well. Although they cant take that many Ls in a row, unless the become the 3SW capellans narratively.

your side question:
I think that is a silly way of looking at things, given omni mechs.
a better way is to look at native production, speed and pod weight

Fire Moth: 6.5t 10/15(20)
Viper: 8.5t 8/12/8
ROtter: 18.5t 5/8(10) (re)
Mad Dog MkIII: 30t 5/8
Karhu: 30t 5/8
Executioner: 26.5t 4/6(8)/4
Mastodon: 45t 3/5 (re)

we have some second line mechs we also build
Kodiak/Kodiak II brawlers or missile snipers depending (4/6)
Viking IIC missiles (3/4)
Highlander IIC 3 3/5/3 (i think this is a refit from New Oslo which we lost in the closing of the dark ages. New oslo seemed to be a HAG foucsed refit facility)
Cyclops C, brawler that does ok at range (4/5)
some variatns of MAD IIC, long range (3/5)
Bruin a fancy grizzly (4/6/4)
Ryoken II (gross) long range (5/8)
Grizzly 2/3 skrimish at shorter ranges preferably (4/6/4)
Arcas of all varieties, skirmish at close preferably (5/8/5)
Kuma (gross again) hyper jumpy (6/9/8 or 6/9/6)
Gravedigger (grosser) (4/6)
a coupe Shadow Hawk IIC variants, skirmisher (striker via MUL) (6/9/6)
Beowulf IIC scout/striker (6/9(12)/6
Kontio, striker/scout (7/11)++
Horned Owl striker/skirmisher (6/9/6 or 6/9 or 5/8/7)
a couple locust IIC variants, sniper scout (fast)
Bear cub, trainer (8/12)
Ursus/II lots of variants for different situations, skirmisher

to answer the question directly we have alot of strikers and skirmishers but that is just clan tech. a huge amount of snipers and a fair number missile boats. a decent number of juggernaughts and then some (more than Jugg) brawlers. more scouts than i though, but alot of them are just fast and do no damage compared to having dedicated electronics.

Church14

• Lieutenant
Stupid question, but how long do people think the “short victorious war” was the Combine will last? With the blackout, the war may be largely over by the time anyone else could hear about it and respond.