Author Topic: NHL 2023-2024 Vegas Edition: Mojave, Mo' Problems  (Read 17098 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: NHL 2023-2024 Vegas Edition: Mojave, Mo' Problems
« Reply #120 on: 16 November 2023, 14:48:17 »
Colorado has been fun. There are two Avalanche teams- the one that rolls over and lets teams beat on them 4-0, and the crazed animals that go out and beat up a team 8-2. There seems to be no middle ground, no 3-2 win or loss, just blowouts either direction.

I don't know what to make of them at this point- they're too talented to be anything but a Cup contender when it all comes down to it, but they sure don't play like it some nights. Jared Bednar must be ready to scream at this point.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #121 on: 16 November 2023, 15:12:45 »
And then the Red Wings. 

This new, young team is at a tipping point.  Some nights they can compete with the best and even win when they probably shouldn't have won.  Then other nights they look like a feeder team.

All in all, it's good.  But there's grumbling about how a lot of folks think this rebuilding process should be faster, but then there was grumbling all through the 90's about the Wings not winning.  Fans are fans, and I know I've said it before - they can't be allowed to run the team or rush the process.  Let Yzerman do his job.  If he has erred, it's probably been on the side of caution, so we still need patience. 
« Last Edit: 16 November 2023, 15:14:24 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #122 on: 17 November 2023, 10:23:05 »
And then the Red Wings. 

This new, young team is at a tipping point.  Some nights they can compete with the best and even win when they probably shouldn't have won.  Then other nights they look like a feeder team.

All in all, it's good.  But there's grumbling about how a lot of folks think this rebuilding process should be faster, but then there was grumbling all through the 90's about the Wings not winning.  Fans are fans, and I know I've said it before - they can't be allowed to run the team or rush the process.  Let Yzerman do his job.  If he has erred, it's probably been on the side of caution, so we still need patience.

To be fair, too, there have been some really weird decisions made along the way as the rebuild has trundled along under Yzerman- goaltending in particular has seen some really, really weird choices made, and of course the whole Vrana thing was an enormous swing-and-miss (not that losing Mantha was a huge blow- he's been a ghost in Washington most nights). I don't blame Detroit fans for getting a little antsy at this point, honestly- that rebuild has been going on since before Zetterberg left, realistically, and here we are years later having watched other rebuilds like the Avs and Blues result in Cups, other teams at least returning to prominence and competitiveness (Oilers, Panthers) during that time, and of course the whole Vegas business. At some point, the famed YzerPlan has to pay off- and if this year isn't it, how many more years are fans expected to accept 'average' as a result?

There's 'trust the process', and then there's 'show me progress'. At this point, Wings fans can be forgiven if they're straying further into the latter camp. As an outside observer, I'm certainly underwhelmed so far.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #123 on: 17 November 2023, 14:51:57 »
To be fair, too, there have been some really weird decisions made along the way as the rebuild has trundled along under Yzerman- goaltending in particular has seen some really, really weird choices made, and of course the whole Vrana thing was an enormous swing-and-miss (not that losing Mantha was a huge blow- he's been a ghost in Washington most nights). I don't blame Detroit fans for getting a little antsy at this point, honestly- that rebuild has been going on since before Zetterberg left, realistically, and here we are years later having watched other rebuilds like the Avs and Blues result in Cups, other teams at least returning to prominence and competitiveness (Oilers, Panthers) during that time, and of course the whole Vegas business. At some point, the famed YzerPlan has to pay off- and if this year isn't it, how many more years are fans expected to accept 'average' as a result?

There's 'trust the process', and then there's 'show me progress'. At this point, Wings fans can be forgiven if they're straying further into the latter camp. As an outside observer, I'm certainly underwhelmed so far.

Ken Holland's plan of "rebuilding on the fly" only depleted us of depth while we spent the same money on salaries as during our championship runs.  Year after year of mediocrity cheated us out of having better chances at higher draft picks and higher quality prospects.  Look at Edmonton and Florida bottoming out for so long.  Holland and ownership wanted to extend the Red Wings' playoff streak but at a high cost that we're still paying.  (Edmonton fired Holland's choice of coach and the team president brought in his own choice for HC here in Holland's last contract year.  Edmonton just might be getting tired of Holland's lack of results with the talent he inherited.)

The goaltending decisions are pretty bad.  Reimer is a showcase example of that!  Until we see Cossa, I'm questioning that too.

Our free agent signings this year were better (with the exception of Reimer), but last year he seemed to jump the gun.  We could have saved that cap space.

If Yzerman is fired, and the Red Wings get led in a different direction, we'll still be in the same predicament.  So I am still behind seeing if he can do here what he did in Tampa.  But that's me, and I've been lucky enough to see plenty of winning hockey here in Detroit. 

But as you are saying, I'm acutely aware that Yzerman has yet to add to the legacy of winning hockey in Detroit as a GM.

Edit - @Hellbie...  I did my best to elaborate my position.  But I can't argue with your points because deep down I agree too.  But changing horse midstream isn't going to yield results that would please the spoiled Wings fanbase.  If Yzerman is gone in two years or so, I'll deserve to be told "should have happened sooner".
« Last Edit: 17 November 2023, 15:05:26 by rebs »

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #124 on: 17 November 2023, 16:00:32 »
Nah, I mean I'm not saying 'fire this idiot', because that's not helpful either- going through GMs every couple of years is what kept killing the Panthers for so long (for example). Let a guy get his system in place and build- and accept that things may take a while to get looking good.

But.

At some point, after a few years, there has to be at least some tangible movement. A direction, able to point and say 'we were HERE, and now we're HERE, and that may not look like a lot, but it means we're aiming to be HERE in a few more years, and that looks an awful lot like a Cup run." Colorado comes to mind- as god-awful as they were when Roy quit, Sakic was under fire, but he stuck to his plan- the team stuck by him- and the result was draft picks that turned into great players, veterans that filled positions that needed filling, and things went pretty well.

The other side of that is sticking with a guy for too long, who either has lost sight of the plan he had (think Chiarelli in Boston), or had no idea what he was doing when he got hired to begin with (...Chiarelli in Edmonton). The damage from that can be far longer-term than abandoning a bad plan and restarting from scratch. I'm pretty sure, to my dismay, that we're seeing that play out in real-time in Columbus, where ownership grumbled, the GM made panic-moves to save his own ass in that lockdown-bubble year, and the result was a thrilling defeat of Tampa... then all those rentals left town, and there's no plan after that. Draft picks got sent out to get those guys like Duchene to begin with, bad contracts went out to guys like Laine and Gaudreau, and the only plan at this point feels like 'save my own job' rather than building a reasonably-competitive team. Same idea- Kekalainen should have been shown the door a couple of years ago, and whomever comes in to replace him (assuming they finally ditch his ass) will have a long, difficult road to... I almost said 'rebuild' this team, but honestly I'm not sure Columbus has ever been built to begin with since entering the league, can't really 'rebuild'.

Is Detroit closer right now to where Boston was in 2009-10, where things weren't great but they were on the right track, and the results finally started coming in a year or so later? Or are they more on that Columbus track of thowing things at the wall and hoping they stick? I really don't know, and I'd wager no one- Yzerman included- really does. But it feels like there should be a bit more out of the Wings at this point for all the hype and time, and while their start to this season looked good they've cooled considerably since. Another year of missing the playoffs- or even a first-round shellacking by a high-ranked team like Toronto or Boston- and the Wings may need to really ask themselves if it's time to figure out where to go from here.

+Crow T. Robot+

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #125 on: 17 November 2023, 18:57:41 »
Decisive action, resolute in course.  But with accountability, and honesty in self-assessment.  We just need to not be hasty.  Have a plan in place before burning/blowing up the bridge.

And I knew you weren't suggesting an immediate firing, Hellbie.  But that's being screamed around here increasingly.  And basically fans here have always been that way.  (Not so different from many other impatient fanbases, really.)

Example Time:

When I was a kid and my friend's mom drove us to school, we would hear the radio personalities talking about the Wings' game from the night before, usually while taking callers' opinions.  I'm talking 1994, 1995, etc... and here are examples of what we would hear every morning after a loss (or even after a win):

"Scotty Bowman doesn't know how to coach in the modern era!  My [insert misogynistic cliche] could coach better than him!"

"Yzerman should have been traded last year!"

or

"Vernon is a has-been."  Or that comment's little brother: "Osgood is weak!"

It's not as bad now because we're not dealing with a three decade cup drought going on four decades like we were back then.  No one had a good idea of what living with great hockey was at the time, we only knew emotional responses fueled by stories from older generations about great hockey teams from a different era.

But it's still starting to get bad here.  Lots of people were expecting us to become Tampa Bay 2.0.  But a lot of luck with prospects developing well has to go your way for it to work out like that.  It hasn't gone that way. 

But I agree, not even Yzerman knows if this is all going to work.  He's trying, and I hope he gets a breakthrough, finds a good opportunity to increase our talent through trade, or signings, or surprise prospects coming through, because it's starting to look bleak for him.  This is him facing adversity like he's never seen before as a GM, and we as fans have to live through the process too.

I'd just hate to see him ran from town before the ship comes in.  But on the other hand, if it all keeps like it is now, we'll wish we had moved sooner instead of sticking by him simply because he was a great player for us, while he keeps us mired in mediocrity where we never get to pick our McDavid or Bedard or Hughes.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2023, 19:05:10 by rebs »

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #126 on: 18 November 2023, 23:24:27 »
I'd just hate to see him ran from town before the ship comes in.  But on the other hand, if it all keeps like it is now, we'll wish we had moved sooner instead of sticking by him simply because he was a great player for us, while he keeps us mired in mediocrity where we never get to pick our McDavid or Bedard or Hughes.
If he's run out of town right, there should be 30 other owners prepared to fire their GM to hire good ole Stevie.  While he's far from the Wings icing a contender the team is in a far better place now vs. 36 months ago.  They have plenty of caps space to make a deal and if the team takes a nose dive there are 4 expiring contracts that he could probably flip for draft picks.

I'm sure that's not what a number of Wings fans want to hear but theirs is probably the most tightest division in hockey and at least since the start of the season there aren't to many games they haven't been in start to finish.  I'm sure that's not what they want to see either, but it's a positive step in the right direction.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #127 on: 18 November 2023, 23:34:40 »
If he's run out of town right, there should be 30 other owners prepared to fire their GM to hire good ole Stevie.  While he's far from the Wings icing a contender the team is in a far better place now vs. 36 months ago.  They have plenty of caps space to make a deal and if the team takes a nose dive there are 4 expiring contracts that he could probably flip for draft picks.

I'm sure that's not what a number of Wings fans want to hear but theirs is probably the most tightest division in hockey and at least since the start of the season there aren't to many games they haven't been in start to finish.  I'm sure that's not what they want to see either, but it's a positive step in the right direction.

But you know I already agree that fans want things that might seem like a positive and immediate change but are actually counterproductive long-term at the very least, and at worst are totally self-defeating. 

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #128 on: 22 November 2023, 22:52:26 »
Red Wings bounce back after a poor Global Series, and offer up a fine game tonight!  They shut out New Jersey  0 - 4. 

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #129 on: 24 November 2023, 16:54:21 »
Wings are on a roll!  They took down Boston 5 - 2.  Marchand put a nasty crosscheck on the Ghost Bear, but dude wouldn't die...

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #130 on: 27 November 2023, 22:14:13 »
Oooohhhh, Bruins get spanked for the third game in a row!  Is this the start of a trend?

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #131 on: 27 November 2023, 23:15:25 »
Oooohhhh, Bruins get spanked for the third game in a row!  Is this the start of a trend?

We can hope.
I have spoken.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #132 on: 28 November 2023, 00:17:05 »
Nobody likes rumors, but I'm hearing more and more to drop any "your mom" jokes whilst in the Blackhawks locker room.   

Probably nothing, but without much more info from the famously secretive organization about why the sudden reversal regarding Cory Perry, people are running with it.  And Cory Perry is earning entirely too much respect from around the web. 

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #133 on: 28 November 2023, 08:02:38 »
Last Panthers/Senators player allowed in the game, please turn out the lights when you leave.

Check those penalty minutes out if you get time- at one point in the mid-3rd, every player on the ice- EVERYONE- was issued a 10-minute misconduct penalty. I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen.

+Crow T. Robot+

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #134 on: 28 November 2023, 08:29:15 »
I thought you meant just every Senator.  Nope!  EVERYONE.  Referee Jinjiro Kurita said all of them. 

In other news, it's happening.  Elliotte Freidman (seems to be the real one and not the fake ones that are allowed to cause havoc online) just announced that Patrick Kane will be a Red Wing.

He still has to fully recover from hip surgery that no one has ever come back from successfully.   He'll need to be cleared to play.   I would like to hope that a Larkin/DeBrincat/Kane line will be a terror on ice, but I don't know what to expect. 

Edit:
One year deal for Kane.

https://theathletic.com/5095789/2023/11/28/patrick-kane-red-wings-contract/
« Last Edit: 28 November 2023, 23:14:46 by rebs »

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #135 on: 28 November 2023, 11:36:11 »
Last Panthers/Senators player allowed in the game, please turn out the lights when you leave.

Check those penalty minutes out if you get time- at one point in the mid-3rd, every player on the ice- EVERYONE- was issued a 10-minute misconduct penalty. I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen.
Wait how does everyone get a 10-minute misconduct penalty?????
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #136 on: 28 November 2023, 12:34:27 »

Refs had seen enough and wanted to send a serious message- and that message was a resounding 'all of you GO AWAY'. I'm not aware of anything quite to this extent happening at a pro level- we had a couple of times where entire teams were disqualified when I played as a younger idiot, but even that was rare (and in our case, well-deserved a couple of times). Should be interesting the next time these two face each other.

I thought you meant just every Senator.  Nope!  EVERYONE.  Referee Jinjiro Kurita said all of them. 

In other news, it's happening.  Elliot Freidman (seems to be the real one and not the fake ones that are allowed to cause havoc online) just announced the Patrick Kane will be a Red Wing.

He still has to fully recover from hip surgery that no one has ever come back from successfully.   He'll need to be cleared to play.   I would like to hope that a Larkin/DeBrincat/Kane line will be a terror on ice, but I don't know what to expect. 

Edit:
One year deal for Kane.

https://theathletic.com/5095789/2023/11/28/patrick-kane-red-wings-contract/

OK, so... if this was a few years ago, I'd be impressed. Buuuut... that was a major procedure Kane just had done a few months ago. The same one Nicklas Backstrom had. I live in the D.C. area, I married a Caps fan, I see a lot of that team (because she hides the remote), and he just... made the right call by walking away. He wasn't able to skate anymore, not the way an NHL player needs to. Not even 'not as fast as he used to', he wasn't able to do much of anything at all out there. It was a career-killer, and he just needed a few games on it to learn it himself.

Now, Kane isn't Backstrom, of course, and who knows, he may come back from it same as ever, but... it's a big gamble to take. Detroit's not paying much here- $2.5M for one year isn't bad. But if fans are expecting Kane to step out there like it's 2015 and start lighting the lamp every game... honestly if he's playing by New Years I'll be impressed. If he puts up fourth-liner numbers by season's end, that's almost astonishing to me.

None of that is to say that he's a bad hockey player, mind you- my opinions of him as a person aside, he has a resume that most players would dream of, and is a surefire first-ballot Hall candidate when he hangs it up. But after this surgery, what really is left to come out on the ice in red pajamas? Is he able to do much at this point, or will this be another Backstrom situation in which he plays a few games and realizes 'oh, shit, actually...'?

+Crow T. Robot+

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #137 on: 28 November 2023, 12:46:05 »

Even better-how do they fit them all in the penalty box? It must look like a phone booth from a college campus in the 60s.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #138 on: 28 November 2023, 14:45:13 »
Even better-how do they fit them all in the penalty box? It must look like a phone booth from a college campus in the 60s.

The misconducts meant that, with less than 10 minutes left anyway, these were ejections.

The benches, however, were luxuriously roomy for the remaining players.  :grin:

+Crow T. Robot+

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #139 on: 28 November 2023, 15:12:54 »

OK, so... if this was a few years ago, I'd be impressed. Buuuut... that was a major procedure Kane just had done a few months ago. The same one Nicklas Backstrom had. I live in the D.C. area, I married a Caps fan, I see a lot of that team (because she hides the remote), and he just... made the right call by walking away. He wasn't able to skate anymore, not the way an NHL player needs to. Not even 'not as fast as he used to', he wasn't able to do much of anything at all out there. It was a career-killer, and he just needed a few games on it to learn it himself.

Now, Kane isn't Backstrom, of course, and who knows, he may come back from it same as ever, but... it's a big gamble to take. Detroit's not paying much here- $2.5M for one year isn't bad. But if fans are expecting Kane to step out there like it's 2015 and start lighting the lamp every game... honestly if he's playing by New Years I'll be impressed. If he puts up fourth-liner numbers by season's end, that's almost astonishing to me.

None of that is to say that he's a bad hockey player, mind you- my opinions of him as a person aside, he has a resume that most players would dream of, and is a surefire first-ballot Hall candidate when he hangs it up. But after this surgery, what really is left to come out on the ice in red pajamas? Is he able to do much at this point, or will this be another Backstrom situation in which he plays a few games and realizes 'oh, shit, actually...'?

Well, he won't have a long flight home if he finds that his newly resurfaced hip is like sandpaper on sandpaper.  He can drive if he likes.  I would personally drive through Canada to get to Buffalo via the bridges near Niagara, but that's just me - no one should be subjected to Ohio unless absolutely necessary. 

Seriously, though.  It's a gamble on Kane, no doubt.  But with Kane we now have seven players who will be UFA's in 2024.  If this fails and worse, if the Red Wings implode this season, we can do a lot to change this team before next season.   

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #140 on: 28 November 2023, 15:52:46 »
Whatever Corey Perry actually did (the rumors flying around the internet are almost certainly false, so don't buy into any of that), it was apparently serious enough for the Hawks to put him on waivers for the purposes of getting rid of him. Bear in mind that substance abuse issues and even spousal issues are generally grounds for the Player Assistance to be involved, rather than being cut, so it seems unlikely that this is drug/alcohol related. Whatever the issue is, we'll have to wait to hear- despite the team's promises of being more transparent following the mess a couple of years ago, the Hawks are currently very tight-lipped about the whole thing.

+Crow T. Robot+

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #141 on: 28 November 2023, 23:10:42 »
Whatever Corey Perry actually did (the rumors flying around the internet are almost certainly false, so don't buy into any of that), it was apparently serious enough for the Hawks to put him on waivers for the purposes of getting rid of him. Bear in mind that substance abuse issues and even spousal issues are generally grounds for the Player Assistance to be involved, rather than being cut, so it seems unlikely that this is drug/alcohol related. Whatever the issue is, we'll have to wait to hear- despite the team's promises of being more transparent following the mess a couple of years ago, the Hawks are currently very tight-lipped about the whole thing.

The 'hawks have put their selves into this situation, and by extension, their prized 1st over-all draft pick and his family. 

We live in a very sad age where if something is amusing to people (which admittedly, the rumor mill can be), some people are likely to clutch onto an idea they like, and whether it's true or not, they'll glom onto it like it's a sacred core tenet of a cherished religion. 

The Cory Perry situation is a perfect example of that.  The more the Blackhawks ownership tries to deny the rumors, the more a certain strain of the populace will clutch on to it because in their eyes "it must be true". 

I think Chicago knows this, that's why they have been very tight-lipped about it.  But it backfired because of a combination of things: 

One, because of Chicago's reputation for covering things up and botching sensitive situations. 

And two, because the internet brings out the worst in people since no one has to be accountable anymore, the ultimate example of this being that everyone is encouraged to blame other people for all of their problems, regardless of whether or not you know them or they know you or even have anything to do with you.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #142 on: 29 November 2023, 08:36:58 »

They found a cheese-shaped piece of foam headware in his locker.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #143 on: 29 November 2023, 09:04:15 »
This morning the Blackhawks finally are beginning to open up about it.  Seems the incident was with an employee, not a teammate or their family.  But if it warranted this response, it sounds to me to be career-ending and disgusting.  It was probably legal reasons that so little was said until now, and still only a few hints about the true nature of the situation are known to the public.

But the rumor explosion on the internet needs to be noted and held as an example of how powerful the internet is.  While I admit I did get some laughs out of it, I also won't lie that I was glad not to be at the center of the shitstorm as Bedard and his poor mom have been - and through no fault of their own.  Tense, frustrated, and horribly awkward only begin to describe how they must feel.

They found a cheese-shaped piece of foam headware in his locker.

Is this the icing on the cake, or the fromage on the burger? 

Edit:

Aaaaaaand.... He's gone.  Perry cleared waivers and is now a UFA. 

Edit II Electric something or other:

NHL launches their very own investigation into the Corey Perry issue. 

https://www.hockeyunplugged.com/chicago-blackhawks/NHL-Launches-Full-Blown-Investigation-On-Corey-Perry
« Last Edit: 01 December 2023, 02:44:39 by rebs »

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #144 on: 01 December 2023, 09:40:44 »
Nothing cures a three-game losing skid like a game against San Jose, apparently.

+Crow T. Robot+

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #145 on: 01 December 2023, 12:52:01 »
Nothing cures a three-game losing skid like a game against San Jose, apparently.

Another game with great officiating  :rolleyes:
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #146 on: 01 December 2023, 15:43:01 »

Are the Sharks trying to do what the 'Hawks did last year?

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #147 on: 01 December 2023, 19:22:06 »

cheers,

Gabe

Looks like it, but between the draft lottery and the Shark's luck, they'll end up with the 5th pick.

And in sad news....  Here's why Larkin missed a few games.  I'll let the linked article below speak.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/detroit-red-wings-captain-dylan-larkin-wife-and-i-lost-baby-due-in-april/ar-AA1kRd1F
« Last Edit: 01 December 2023, 19:27:59 by rebs »

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #148 on: 04 December 2023, 10:35:48 »

cheers,

Gabe

They still haven't noticed that a generational talent isn't on the draft menu this year....

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Last Edit: 08 December 2023, 05:17:59 by rebs »