- New To BattleTech?
- Latest Releases
- Coming Releases
- Core Rulebooks
- Game Aids
- Technical Readouts
- Record Sheets
- Era Reports
- Setting Sourcebooks
- Plot Sourcebooks
- Out-of-Print Books
- BattleMech Technology
- Great Houses
- Periphery States
- The Clans
- Other Powers
Now Available – Recognition Guide: ilClan Vol. 6 and Schedule Update
On August 28, 2020
Available today is the conclusion of our first “cycle” of Recognition Guide: ilClan – stay tuned after the product links for some explanation of what that means, as well as other scheduling updates:
BattleMech Recognition Guide: ilClan, Vol. 6
Price: $3.99, PDF only
The march of technology across BattleTech’s eras is relentless—but some BattleMech designs never die. Each installment of this PDF-only series not only includes a brand new BattleMech or OmniMech, but also details Classic ’Mech designs from both the Inner Sphere and the Clans, now fully rebuilt with Dark Age technology (3085 and beyond).
Allowing beloved units redesigned for the BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter to be competitive on “modern” battlefields, this series also includes in-universe development notes, battle histories, notable pilots, and record sheets for each ‘Mech. Released as a series of 22 PDF-only documents through the end of 2020 and early 2021, many ’Mechs featured in this series will be collected as a single print volume upon its completion.
Catalyst Game Labs Store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-recognition-guide-ilclan-vol-6
So…what’s a “cycle” of Recognition Guide: ilClan, and why are we doing it this way?
We’re planning 22 volumes of Recognition Guide: ilClan, and so far we’ve been able to put them out at a bi-weekly pace without missing any release dates. But that fast pace hasn’t allowed our developers the chance to pause, look back, and evaluate the first few products and determine whether there’s anything we need to do differently to make future volumes even better. That’s what we’ll be doing during this break, which was built into the release schedule from the beginning.
The pause will also allow us to get the volumes for the next cycle fully written and reviewed before the first one comes out. That’s better for our team–and better for you, so we don’t miss any release dates.
So: the Recognition Guide: ilClan series will return with the release of Volume 7 on Friday, Nov. 6, and this second cycle will consist of five volumes. This series has been well-received, so we look forward to bringing you more fresh spins on classic BattleMechs!
A few other scheduling notes:
- Technical Readout: Irregulars is still in active production, and we have to have it for you in PDF and Print-on-Demand before that Nov. 6 date. (And ideally, much before it.)
- Writing is complete on the first volume in the Brush Wars series, Operation Guerrero, and art has been assigned. Unfortunately, it will not make the date we originally announced, but we do expect to have it out in the Fourth Quarter of 2020.
- More Hanseatic Crusade goodness! We’re still working on the two Spotlight On volumes intended to support the recent Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade. In addition, we’re pleased to announce another volume supporting play in that region of space: Touring the Stars: Granada! No trip to Nueva Castile/the Imperio/the Empire would be complete with out a look at the mysterious Umayyad invaders, and this publication will finally reveal who the Umayyads truly were!
Our entire production team has kept up an incredible pace throughout this summer, and we’re eager to spend time now to focus on making the next wave of BattleTech releases just as engaging and enjoyable!
- Now Available – Technical Readout: Irregulars and Classic Novels in POD; Recognition Guide Covers
- Now Available: Mercenary’s Star Audiobook, Free Record Sheets; AMA Details
- Now Available – Recognition Guide vol. 12; Upcoming AMAs Announced
- Now Available – Recognition Guide Vol. 11; Battle of Tukayyid Fiction Omnibus